Write a brief post addressing how you are going to motivate your learners/students, and align your response with the information drawn from Small’s article on motivation.
- Share your objectives of the instruction (Relevance: goal orientation)
- Start with a search scenario most students are familiar with (how to find a book in the library (Relevance: familiarity)
- Assure students that they don’t have to memorize everything in the brief- just ask for my help and I’ll work with you one-on-one anytime. (Confidence: learning requirements)
- After demonstrating on the smart board, have students pause and write, discuss as a group, and share ideas. (Attention: variability)
- Provide opportunities for students to practice with the demonstrated sites (Confidence: success opportunities)