Today, the first day of my July Style Challenge, held more than 1 challenge for me. It’s Friday and on Fridays we participate in Red Shirt Friday at work. Red Shirt Fridays raises money for the Wounded Warrior Project. So, I had the challenge of how to dress up a tshirt and jeans for work on my first day of the month! I decided to pair it with a black long sleeve tshirt underneath. Its hot outside, but I find the library chilly with the air conditioning on. I also thought this might let me dress it up a bit. I am wearing some shoes I found at the thrift store for the first time today- red mary janes with a large, chunky heel. For a little more fun I am wearing black socks with white stars on them. To dress things up a bit more I decided not to wear my everyday leather belt with the jeans, and instead am using 2 fabric belts that came with other items I have. I tied them in a bow at my belt loop. (They are a little hard to see in the pic). For jewlery I have on my wedding rings, a mixed stone bracelet I bought in Sedona, AZ , and black circle filigree earrings. (Also hard to see). I used to think these earrings were HUGE, but now they seem medium-large, as I have bigger. My glasses today are my black cat-eye frames.
What do you think? Are the belts silly? Let me know.
This pic was taken in my bathroom mirror. When I have a chance I’ll set up my tripod to take better pics.
How I feel:
- Style: 3 of 5- I feel the shoes,earrings, and belts give it a bit of something, but I’m still wearing a logo tshirt
- Comfort: 4 of 5- The tee is a bit tight near my neck- this is why I like v necks the best. Still getting used to the shoes.
- Dress Up Jeans
- Something bought on vacation
- Funky colored shoes
- Big earrings
- Black tee- Merona @ Target
- Red Shirt Friday tee
- Jeans- Levi curvy bootcut @ Dillards
- Shoes- thrifted @ Goodwill
- Socks-Target or Sock Dreams
- Belts- re-purposed from other items
- Bracelet-Sedona, AZ jewelry fair
- Earrings- Maurices
- Glasses- Zenni Optical