Last night I made Spicy Green Curry-Cilantro Shrimp on Jasmine Rice with Honey-Spiced Pineapple and a cucumber salad. The shrimp was good- but we didn’t think it was spicy, and the pineapple was delicious! I’ll add more curry paste to the shrimp next time. From Cooking Light:
Spicy Green Curry-Cilantro Shrimp
Serve this fiery, Thai-inspired dish over boil-in-bag jasmine rice and with Honey-Spiced Pineapple.
Prep: 2 minutes; Cook: 12 minutes
4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. While shrimp cook, combine coconut milk and next 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add to shrimp in pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Sprinkle with cilantro; serve with lime wedges
Prep: 2 minutes; Cook: 6 minutes
4 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pineapple, honey, and curry powder; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.